Cebu Technological University – Argao Campus
is one of the campuses under the Cebu Technological University (CTU)
system. Originally, the campus was an extension of the Cebu Provincial High School which started its operation in 1945; it was then established as the Cebu South Provincial High School. It became a national high school in 1961 and became the Cebu South Agro-Industrial School in 1966. Together with eight other campuses, the school was formally integrated into the Cebu State College of Science and Technology (CSCST) system in 1984 as the CSCST-Agro-Industrial and Forestry College.
CTU-Argao currently offers various undergraduate courses in Teacher Education, Liberal Arts, Industrial Technology, Agriculture, Forestry, Hospitality Management,
and Information Technology.
Additionally, it has a Graduate School
department with programs in Education, Public Administration, and Technology Management. Non-education graduates can also take their Diploma/Certificate in Professional Education
on campus. Besides these programs, the Argao Campus also provides Technical-Vocational-Livelihood (TVL)
strands for Senior High School (SHS) students.
CTU-Argao Campus prides itself of its professional and technical education. Most of its programs have accreditations from the Accrediting Agency of Chartered Colleges and Universities in the Philippines, Inc. (AACCUP)
, with its Elementary and Secondary Education having Level III Accreditation status
. Furthermore, it has been a top performing school
for four times in the previous Board Licensure Examinations for Professional Teachers.